Thursday, December 16, 2010

Liberals say Harper Government was full of mediocrity in 2010


 According to the liberals parliament was filled with wasteful spending under the conservative government this past year and the liberals are confident that they will be a compelling alternative in the next election.  According to deputy leader Ralph Goodale and house leader David Mcguinty the conservative government has ignored the priorities of Canadians.  The Liberals criticized the Conservatives over their economic record referring to the conservative government as the biggest borrowing, biggest spending, and most indebted government in Canadian history.  Goodale was quoted as saying “on all these fronts 2010 was a year of grinding mediocrity from the Harper government.”  Also criticized was the conservative’s lack of new legislation saying that most legislation was previously killed, but then re-introduced.  

My response to this story is that there definitely is a bias to the liberal’s criticism of the conservative government.  However I have little support for the conservative government as I am liberal and I would rather the liberals be in charge currently, but I think the conservatives done somewhat better than the liberals are implying.  I would not call the parliament of 2010 mediocre, but I would say that there is room for improvement and I think the liberals could fulfill the improvements that are necessary.  Particularly the over spending as I think overspending can have a very negative effect on the economy as it puts the government more in debt than they need to be.  I am a person that thinks that there needs to be a change in the government as I think there has been minority government for too long.  The conservatives are losing support and I think it’s about time the liberals should take office.

Source

News Source:  Montreal Gazette
Title:  Liberals say 2010 filled with 'grinding mediocrity' from Harper government
Date:  Dec 15
Author:  Meagan Fitzpatrick

No comments:

Post a Comment