Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Choosing my Bench


It was Wednesday after school and I needed to find a bench so I could work on the English project in which I had class time to work on the next day.  Luckily my mother was able to pick me up that day and we went on our search for a bench.  I told her I wanted a bench that was somewhat close to here, but not to close to the school.  So we went off to West Vancouver to Ambelside Park to find a bench and we eventually arrived there later then expected though.   My mother thought she could get there a different way, but we ended up just wasting a bit of time.  I was fine with it though at least we arrived and why should I care if we weren’t there as fast as I expected.  We narrowed it down to three benches I looked at all three and only one of the inscription appealed to me and that was the first one I looked at.  To me the inscription was perfect as it was touching and was worded in a way most people could understand. It may have been referring to two people’s love of the sea, but there was a universal meaning that could be taken from it.  I knew I had found my bench maybe the beautiful sunset was a sign that I had made a good decision.  What a great location I had picked to the east was Lions Gate Bridge in all of its glory and not far right of the bench was a totem pole at a point of the beach.  In an activity just done for a project it sure was fun and it will be day I won’t soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment